London’s Sir Marmot to Speak at Clark as Part of President’s Lecture
Friday, March 30, 2018
The lecture will take place on Wednesday, April 11 at 5 p.m. in the Jefferson Academic Center.
The talk is free and open to the public.
In the lecture, Marmot will explain how policies and interventions need to address the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work, and age; they must not be confined to the health care system. Marmot will make the case that tackling the health gap will require evidence-based action across the whole of society.
Marmot is professor of epidemiology at University College London and immediate past president of the World Medical Association.
He is the author of “The Health Gap:
The Challenge of an Unequal World” and “Status Syndrome: How Your Place on the Social Gradient Directly Affects Your Health.” Marmot is the Bernard Lown Visiting Professor of Social and Behavioral Sciences at Harvard University and received the 2015 Prince Mahidol Award for Public Health.
He has been awarded honorary doctorates from 18 universities and was knighted in 2000 by Queen Elizabeth II for services to epidemiology and the understanding of health inequalities.
- Clark to Host Symposium on Children & Mass Violence
- Clark to Host Panel Discussion on Paris Climate Accord
- NAACP Leader Patterson to Talk Climate & Racial Justice at Clark
- Poverty Researcher Elwood to Present ‘Visual Poverty Politics’ Lecture at Clark
- Criminal Justice Expert Fradella to Give Lecture on Racial Justice and Policing at Clark
- Clark Professor Akçam Receives ‘Upstander’ Award From World Without Genocide
- Clark to Celebrate Constitution Day With Panel on Criminal Justice Reform
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Host Chamberfest Concert Series at Clark
- Clark Professor Granados-Focil Elected to American Chemical Society Fellowship
- Clark’s Williams Named to North American Carbon Program’s Science Leadership Group
- “Global Cultures” Conference at Clark to Feature International Writers
- Clark Receives an ‘A’ in Niche 2018 Best Colleges
- Clark Professor Peet to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award From American Assoc. of Geographers
- Clark’s Strassler Center to Hold Spring Lectures on Holocaust & Genocide
- Filmmaker Davis to Host Lecture Called “Whose Streets” at Clark
- Clark Announces 114th Commencement Ceremony, Ibrahim to be Speaker
- Clark University Recognizes Two For Service to Worcester Community
- 9 Clark Students Receive Scholarships to Study Abroad This Spring