MA Ranks 38th in U.S. for Military Retirees
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
MA ranks 34th in economic environment, 51st in quality of life and 14th in health care.
Directly in front of Massachusetts is Ohio and Vermont at 37 and 36 respectively while Michigan and Kentucky rank behind Massachusetts at 39 and 40 respectively.
The number one state for military retirees is Alaska, while South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Florida round out the top 5.
See where the rest of the states rank in the map below.
In order to determine the best and worst states for military retirees, WalletHub analysts compared the 50 states as well as the District of Columbia across three key areas including economic environment, quality of life and health care.
WalletHub then identified 20 relevant metrics and gave them a value between 0 and 100, with 100 being the most favorable conditions.
WalletHub then calculated the overall score for each state using the weighted average across all metrics and ranked the states accordingly.
- Veterans Inc. to Hold 8th Annual Stand Down in Central Mass.
- Veterans, Inc. To Celebrate Earth Day with Recycling Event
- Freedom Song Festival to Benefit Central Mass’ Veterans in Need
- DON’T MISS: Veterans Day Events in Central MA 2013
- Paul Giorgio: We Owe Our Veterans Nothing but the Best Healthcare
- Veterans Inc. Feeding Homeless Vets During Annual Holiday Harvest
- Veterans Day Events in Central MA 2012
- The Resources Available to Help Central Mass.Veterans
- Freedom Song Festival Supports Veterans in Need
- NEW: $1.5 Million Awarded for Veterans Job Training in MA
- NEW: Veterans Inc. to Host Biennial Gala Military Ball this Saturday
- Veterans Inc.’s Robert Stair Wins National Unsung Hero Award
- Veterans Inc. to Host Event to Benefit Veterans, Homeless
- Smart Benefits: Veterans Exempt from Employee Count Under ACA
- Chamber’s Breakfast Club to Honor Worcester Colleges, Veterans
- Over 200 Home Depot Volunteers Help Revamp Veterans Inc.
- Gov. Baker Signs 5 Bills into Law in Support of Veterans & First Responders
- UMass Memorial to Veterans Claims Clinic
- Veterans Inc. to Hold 10th Annual Stand Down Event
- Patrick Administration Honors MA Veterans and their Families
- Monfredo: Veterans’ Day … A Special Holiday!
- Worcester Public Library to Honor Black Veterans
- City of Worcester to Honor Veterans on Memorial Day
- Revolution Players to Serve Dinner to Homeless Veterans Tonight