MA Ranks as State Where Hispanics are Least Assimilated
Monday, October 05, 2015
According to a study by WalletHub, Massachusetts ranks in the bottom one-third for Hispanic cultural and civil assimilation, and 50th in both educational and economic assimilation.
SEE MAP BELOW: 2015's States Where Hispanics are Most and Least Assimilated
Massachusetts also ranked in the bottom five with one of the lowest percentages of Hispanics with at least a Bachelor's degree, lowest test scores in math and reading among Hispanic students, and the lowest median annual income among Hispanics.
Massachusetts is also home to the lowest Hispanic home ownership rate, and has one of the highest poverty rates among Hispanics.
Interestingly, the Southern New England states (MA, Rhode Island and Connecticut) all ranked in the bottom three for Hispanic assimilation. On the other hand, the Northern New England states all ranked in the top 15 - with Vermont taking the #1 spot on the list.
- Guest MINDSETTER™Deborah Gonzalez: Hispanics and Income Disparity in MA
- 30% of Hispanic Households in Worcester Earn Less Than $15,000
- MA Hispanic Incarceration Rate 4th Highest in US
- Hispanic Heritage Month Kicks Off Sept. 15
- Massachusetts Ranked #2 for Best School System by WalletHub
- Worcester Ranked as 5th Worst City in America for People with Disabilities
- Holy Cross Ranked 8th Most Beautiful Urban Campus in America
- Mass is a Topped Ranked State for Dads
- MA Ranked as 23rd Strictest State Regarding DUI’s
- Worcester Ranked Among Worst Cities to Visit in Summer
- WPI Ranked 48th Best College by Money College Planner
- Charter Ranked as One of Ten Companies with Worst Reputation in U.S.
- MA Ranked #1 Best State for Teachers
- Patriots Ranked 3rd Most Valuable Sports Team in The World