MA State Police Arrest Fugitive in Marlborough on 5th DUI
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Douglas Murphy, 50, of New Milford, CT had three outstanding warrants in his name. Murphy was arrested on his fifth OUI offense and charges of OUI Drgus, Unlicensend Operation of a Motor Vehicle, Negligent Operation of a Motor Vehicle, Marked Lanes Violation and Fugitive from Justice on a Court Warrant.
According to the State Police, Murphy's vehicle, a black Jeep with heavy front end damage, was reportedly traveling across all lanes in a dangerous manner, nearly striking other vehicles.
When Murphy approached a road construction detail which was set up in the left travel lane, the operator made an abrupt move to the right.
Sergeant David Prussman and Trooper Thomas Tobin slowed traffic and motioned for Murphy to pull over while Trooper Richard Frigon signaled the driver from behind with his cruiser’s emergency lights and siren. Murphy eventually pulled into the breakdown lane.
There is no further information available.
- MA State Police Arrest 3 for Sexual Assault on Disabled Women
- MA State Police: DUI Checkpoint This Weekend in Worcester County
- MA State Police Video of Search and Rescue in Carver
- MA State Police Colonel Releases Statement on Hernandez Verdict
- MA State Police Report 185 Heroin Overdose Deaths Since Nov.
- MA State Police: New Cars Can’t Beat The Crown Victoria
- NEW: Mass State Police Identify Protesters Arrested for Blocking I-93 South
- State Police Arrest Worcester Man, Seize $1 Million in Marijuana
- Woman in Labor Stuck on Rt. 2 Gets Ride From Mass State Police
- Mass State Police Most Wanted: See the List
- Mass State Police Seeking Drivers Responsible for Fatal I-395 Crash
- NEW: Massachusetts State Police Statement on Tsarnaev Verdict