Man Arrested After Being Caught Breaking Into Car in Worcester
Friday, May 25, 2018
Mark Healy, 49, charged with Assault and Battery on a Person over the Age of 60, Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon (box cutter), Disturbing the Peace, and Breaking and Entering in a Motor Vehicle.
On Thursday, May 24, at approximately 12:40 a.m., Worcester Police responded to 196 Vernon Street for a report of a possible carjacking. First arriving officers observed two males fighting in the street next to a Nissan. One man yelled out to the officer that he is the owner of the car and that the other man was seen inside trying to steal his belongings. The suspect was identified as Healy, 49, of 11 Ronald Drive.
Healy was being held down by the owner of the vehicle until police arrived.
The officers were told that by the owner of the car that he had exited his house to get an item out of his car when he saw Healy inside his car. The owner ordered Healy to get out of his vehicle. Healy refused to get out peacefully and began to punch the owner in the face.
Healy possessed a box cutter and began to swing it at the owner. The owner was able to grab onto his arm and prevent Healy from striking him with it. The owner was eventually able to get Healy to the ground and secure him until police arrived.
The owner had several facial injuries and was bleeding from the punches that he received from Healy. The owner was checked out at the scene by Worcester EMS and then transported to a nearby hospital for further treatment.
Police looked inside the victim’s car and saw that it had been ransacked. It appears that nothing was missing.
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony