Man Arrested After Breaking Into Car in Worcester
Thursday, September 13, 2018
Orlando Ortiz was charged with Breaking and Entering into a Motor Vehicle in the Nighttime with the Intent to Commit a Felony.
On Tuesday, September 11, at approximately 9:10 p.m., a Worcester police officer responded to Kenberma Road for a report of a suspicious person. The officer was told by the caller that she observed a male that she had seen walking in the neighborhood early sitting inside her motor vehicle that was parked on the road.
The male had exited the vehicle prior to the officer’s arrival. The officer was given a detailed description of the male suspect with regard to what he was wearing and what he looked like.
The owner of the vehicle showed the officer all of the contents that were originally in the glovebox and center console laying on the seat or floor. The male suspect had rummaged through the vehicle. It is unknown at the time if anything was missing.
The officer broadcasted the suspect’s information to all surrounding police units. Several officers were in the area at this time and began to search the area.
At approximately 9:534 p.m., a police officer looking for the suspect made visual contact with him as he walked through the parking lot of CVS located at 500 Grafton Street. The suspect was seen heading towards Fairmont Avenue. The suspect was eventually stopped on Cohasset Street.
The caller was transported to the area that the male suspect was stopped. The suspect was identified as the person that was seen inside the vehicle.
The suspect was identified as Ortiz, 30, of 87 Prospect Street. Ortiz was placed under arrest without incident.
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street