Man Arrested After Breaking Into Worcester Apartment Overnight
Monday, April 02, 2018
Dominic Simone, 34, was placed under arrest without incident and charged with Breaking and Entering in the Nighttime with the Intent to Commit a Felony.
On Thursday, March 29, at approximately 12:28 a.m., Worcester Police responded to a Lake Avenue address for a report of break and entering that had just occurred. Upon the officers arrival they met with a 47-year-old male victim and a 42-year old female victim.
The officers were told by the man that he was sleeping at the time and had the rear door unlocked because his girlfriend was due home from work. At one point the male woke up and observed an unknown male standing over him. Shocked, the victim jumped out of bed and asked the unknown male who he was and why he was in his apartment. The male victim grabbed ahold of the suspect and was escorting him out of the apartment right when the female victim arrived home. The suspect stated that he was related to the landlord and that he was there to check on an apartment.
After the man left the apartment, the victims called the landlord to inquire if the story from the suspect was accurate. The landlord had no knowledge of what was taking place.
The couple called police. Shortly after making the call the male came back to the apartment and attempted to gain access. The male was escorted off the property for a second time.
The couple gave a detailed description of the suspect and of the vehicle that he was seen getting into. A few minutes after police gave a general broadcast of the suspect, an officer nearby spotted a male fitting the description getting into the same make and model of car that was provided by the officers at the scene. The male was located on Dupont Street.
The man was identified as Simone of 335 Plantation Street. Simone
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser