Man Arrested After Driving Car Under Influence of Narcotics in Worcester
Friday, April 14, 2017
Robert Kniskern, Jr. was charged with OUI (drugs), Operating a MV to Endanger/Negligent Operation, and Operating an MV after a Suspended License (3rd and Subsequent Offense).
He also had two other outstanding arrest warrants in effect.
There were no other injuries reported at the scene.
Kniskern will be arraigned at the Worcester County District Courthouse.
On Wednesday, April 12 at approximately 12:09 p.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 1140 Main Street for a reported car accident. Upon the officers arrival they saw two cars that were involved in a crash. Police saw a man on the ground receiving medical attention. The man, later identified as Robert Kniskern, Jr., was treated at the scene and then taken to a nearby hospital.
According to witnesses, Knisken, was traveling northbound on Main Street, near 1163 Park Ave Auto, when the car that he was driving suddenly struck an aluminum light pole. The impact knocked the utility pole down. As a result of the that collision, the car crossed into the opposing travel lanes and struck a second aluminum utility pole in the area of 1140 Main Street. The impact knocked the second pole to the ground. After striking the second pole the car then crashed into another car being driven by a 56-year-old man. Kniskern’s car finally came to a stop.
Police at the scene were told that Kniskern appeared to have been slumped over the driver’s wheel prior to the crash.
Officers saw drug paraphernalia inside the Kniskern car. Prior to MKniskern’s transportation to the hospital, officers were able to have conversation with him. Officers were able to determine, based on evidence at the scene, and their observations and conversation with Kniskern, that he was driving the car under the influence of Narcotics.
Kniskern’s MV was towed from the scene and secured while officers obtained a search warrant. With the assistance from members of the Crash Reconstruction Unit, a search warrant was obtained. The search of Kniskern’s car produced a hypodermic needle and syringe along with a bottle of 50MG Natrexone Hydrochloride.
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy