Man Arrested After Robbing the Walgreens on Grafton Street in Worcester
Wednesday, February 07, 2018
Neksone Allah-Digui was charged with Unarmed Robbery, Defacement of Property, Resisting Arrest, Disorderly Conduct and Disturbing the Peace.
On February 3rd at about 2:15 p.m., Worcester Police officers were sent to Walgreen’s at 220 Grafton St for a report of an unarmed robbery. Dispatch told the officers that a man had stolen the cash register, and was walking away from Walgreen’s. A citizen who saw the theft was following the suspect, who was now hiding behind a wall on Barclay St, counting the money.
With the help of the witness, officers located the suspect, later identified as Allah-Digui, 22, of 155 Lincoln St. Allah-Digui refused officers’ orders to show them his hands, and continued to sit behind the wall. When officers went to place him under arrest, he began struggling with the officers. He was able to escape from their grip, and turned around to face them in a fighting stance.
One of the officers deployed his Taser, which had limited effect to the Allah-Digui’s bulky winter clothing. Allah-Digui ran away with the Taser prongs still in his clothing. He was slowed down by the civilian witness, who grabbed him, and the officers made contact with him again. Eventually, the officers were able to take him down and place him in handcuffs. One of the officers had to be transported to the hospital due to an injured wrist.
Officers spoke with Walgreen’s employees and were able to view security footage.
Allah-Digui ran behind the employee area and took the cash register out, as the employees backed away from him in fear. He grabbed candy and earrings, and fled the store. The witness saw this and followed Allah-Digui out of the store as he called 911.
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens