Man Arrested After Stealing Car on New Year’s Day in Worcester
Tuesday, January 02, 2018
Shannon Memnon, 25, was charged with Larceny of a Motor Vehicle, Resisting Arrest, Disorderly Conduct, Disturbing the Peace, Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle and Using a Motor Vehicle without Authority.
Memnon will be arraigned at the Worcester County District Courthouse on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
On Monday, January 1, at approximately 1:13 a.m., Worcester police responded to the area of 860 Main Street for a reported stolen car. Upon the officers arrival they met with a male victim.
The victim said that a few minutes earlier he went outside and started his 2001 Pontiac to warm it up and then went back inside. Approximately 5 minutes later the victim went back outside and saw that his car was now missing. While speaking with the victim he received a call from a family member stating that his car was just seen being driven in the Compare Foods parking lot located at 664 Main Street. At this time the officer broadcasted the updated information over the police radio.
Approximately one minute later, a police officer that was in the area spotted the white Pontiac on Murray Avenue, directly behind Compare Foods. The officer activated the emergency lights and initiated a motor vehicle stop. Once the vehicle came to a complete stop the operator exited the Pontiac and fled on foot through the parking lot of the BP gas station located at 30 Chandler Street. Officers ran after the suspect. The foot chase continued on Chandler Street and then onto Irving Street. Officers eventually caught up to the male.
The suspect resisted the officer’s attempts to place him in handcuffs. After a brief struggle the suspect was placed under arrest.
The suspect was identified as Memnon and was placed under arrest.
The victim arrived at the scene and took possession of the vehicle.
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.