Man Arrested for Gun Possession Inside Worcester Apartment
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Daniel Silverio, 20, charged with Carrying a Firearm without a License, Carrying a Loaded Firearm, Possession of Ammunition without a License, Defacement of Serial Numbers and Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm.
On Friday, January 26, members of the WPD Gang Unit were in possession of an arrest warrant for a man that the officers were familiar with. The warrant was printed out at approximately 5:00 p.m. from the Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) database. At approximately 6:50 p.m., the gang officers arrived at the address that the wanted person was last known to reside in.
Two officers were positioned in the front of the apartment. Meanwhile, other officers walked towards the rear of the building so that all four corners of the structure could be covered. As one of the officers was walking towards the rear he could see through the kitchen window a young man holding a handgun, there were several people inside the apartment.
The officer recognized the man as Silverio of 22 Dover Street. The officer knew that Silverio did not possess a license to carry a firearm due to a recent incident on 01/11/2018.
The officers in the front were greeted by the wanted man just as they approached the door.
Fearing for the safety of the two officers, the officer in the rear immediately warned the two that there was a man in the back of the apartment in possession of a handgun. The officer in the rear made entry through the back unlocked door and observed Silverio running into the bathroom and securing the door behind him.
The officer immediately went after Silverio and forced open the bathroom door. The officer saw Silverio standing in the bathroom while still holding the handgun.
The officer immediately grabbed onto Silverio’s hands and the firearm dropped into the sink.
The firearm was a loaded large capacity Smith & Wesson .40 caliber semi-automatic handgun. The serial number to the weapon had been obliterated.
Silverio was placed under arrest.
The initial person that the gang officers were there for told the officers that he had addressed the warrant today at the Worcester County Courthouse and supplied the officers with a notice of warrant cancellation that was issued from the courthouse. A second CJIS check did indicate that the warrant was just removed from the database.
The initial person was not arrested.
Members of the Crime Scene Unit arrived at the address and took possession of the firearm.
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens