Man Arrested for Illegal Gun Possession in Worcester
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Anthony Wilson, 26, was arrested and charged with carrying a loaded firearm without a license, possession of ammunition without an FID Card, and a stop sign violation
On Friday, January 18 at about 12:24 a.m., a Worcester Police Officer was on patrol in the area of Wellington St. The officer noticed a gray Jeep fail to stop at a stop sign at the corner of Wellington and Chandler streets, so he pulled behind the vehicle and initiated a motor vehicle stop. The vehicle initially sped up before taking an abrupt right turn into the BP Gas Station at 30 Chandler St. The officer noticed the driver of the vehicle, later identified as Wilson of Oxford, frantically reaching in the area of the glove box.
The officer got out of the cruiser and approached the Jeep. As he did, he noticed Wilson shut the glove box and quickly turn toward the officer. The officer asked Wilson for his license and registration, but Mr. Wilson was breathing heavily and refused to show his hands. At this point, the officer was concerned that Mr. Wilson was concealing a weapon. He returned to his cruiser and waited for other units to arrive.
When additional officers arrived, they asked Wilson to step out of the vehicle. The officers conducted a frisk of Wilson and of the vehicle. They located a loaded handgun in the glovebox, where Wilson had been reaching previously.
Wilson did not possess a license to carry a firearm and was placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- Worcester Police Endorse Diehl for U.S. Senate
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- NEW: Rosie O’Donnell Reportedly Engaged to Worcester Police Girlfriend
- Worcester Police Investigate Suspicious Device on Dorchester Street
- Man Arrested After Threatening Worcester Police Officer With Knife
- Worcester Police Dept. Awarded Grant to Reduce Impaired Driving
- Worcester Police to Enhance Effort to Prevent Underage Drinking
- Worcester Police Captain McKiernan Graduates FBI National Academy
- Worcester Police Investigating Unattended Death of Woman at Salvation Army
- Worcester Police Investigating Gunshots in Area of Houghton Street
- Worcester Police Offer Series of Holiday Safety Tips
- Worcester Police Offer Halloween Safety Tips
- Worcester Police Investigating Everard Street Home Invasion
- Worcester Police Investigating Break-in at Vernon Park’s Little League Field Houses
- Worcester Police Investigating Vehicle Vandalism in Lincoln Street Area
- Worcester Police Dept. to Swear In 7 New Officers