Man Arrested for Possession of Heroin Following Fight in Worcester
Friday, September 22, 2017
Angel Rodriguez-Morales, 50, was arrested and charged with Possession of a Class A Substance with Intent to Distribute.
On September 19, at about 9 p.m., Worcester police were sent to the area of Tirrell St for a report of a group of about five men fighting in a driveway, possibly with knives or guns. Upon arrival, the first responding officer’s attention was immediately drawn to a man, later identified as Rodriguez-Morales, at the end of the driveway holding a large stick.
As Rodriguez-Morales was in close proximity to where the fight was said to be occurring and carrying what could be used as a weapon, the officer exited his cruiser and ordered Rodriguez-Morales to drop the stick. Rodriguez-Morales ignored the officer’s commands and began walking away. The officer again ordered Rodriguez-Morales to drop the stick. After the second command, he then dropped the stick but continued to walk away. The officer ordered Mr. Rodriguez-Morales to stop, but Rodriguez-Morales began walking quickly away from the officer in an attempt to get away.
The officer got closer to Rodriguez-Morales, who turned towards the officer and reached into his left pocket. The officer ordered him to take his hand out of his pocket and stop, but he did not. Due to the fact the Rodriguez-Morales was ignoring commands and reaching into his pocket, the officer immediately grabbed him to prevent him from reaching for a weapon. The officer attempted to restrain Rodriguez-Morales, who continued to reach for his left pocket. At this time, a second officer arrived and was able to assist in gaining control of Mr. Rodriguez-Morales.
A pat frisk was conducted of Rodriguez-Morales to ensure he did not have any weapons. During the search, the officer felt an object in the left pocket of Mr. Rodriguez-Morales that was consistent with illegal narcotics packaged for sale. Upon removing the object, the officer observed a small glassine bag containing fourteen knotted baggies containing a brownish substance, which is believed to be heroin. Rodriguez-Morales was placed under arrest.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award