Man Arrested for Trafficking Over 100 Grams of Heroin in Worcester
Thursday, January 04, 2018
Jerry Pena-Alba, 27, was charged with Possession of a Large Capacity Feeding Device, Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card and Trafficking in Heroin (100-199 grams).
On Wednesday, January 3, members of the Worcester Police Vice Squad possessed search warrants for 95 Merrifield Street, basement apartment, and for a black Infinity.
At approximately 7:30 a.m., vice officers set up surveillance on the basement apartment. After several hours, vice officers observed the target of the warrants exiting the apartment. The target was identified as Pena-Alba. Pena-Alba was seen getting into his Afinity and drive away.
Vice officers followed the suspect vehicle and eventually signaled him to stop. Pena-Alba was informed of the warrants that the officers possessed and asked him to step out of the vehicle. Pena-Alba complied. A search of the suspect produced 16 grams of heroin.
Vice officers seized the apartment key from the suspect. At approximately 1:00 p.m., vice officers executed the search warrant for the basement apartment.
A K-9 unit was called to the scene to assist the officers. The K-9 indicated that a safe located in a closet may contain contraband. The search of the safe produced an additional 108 grams of heroin along with $5,190 in cash. The search also produced a large capacity magazine loaded with approximately 20 rounds of 9mm ammunition.
As a result of the seized items, Pena-Alba was placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.