Man Arrested in Connection With Allen Street Stabbing
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Ismael Sawadogo, 21, was arrested and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (knife) and resisting arrest.
Police are still looking for other men that were involved in the fight.
On Sunday, August 12, at approximately 12:14 a.m. Worcester Police responded to the area of 120 Main Street for a report of a stabbing. Arriving officers met with a 21-year-old male victim that was already being treated at the scene by Worcester EMS. The offices were told that the incident occurred on Allen Street and that he had been “jumped” by several males. During the altercation the victim was stabbed. The victim said that he was walking on Allen Street with a female friend when the attack occurred.
The victim said that he and his friend were able to break free of the altercation and run towards his vehicle. The two drove off and called police after they felt that they were at a safe distance from the area.
The victim was treated at the scene and then transported to a nearby hospital. There were several officers at the scene and were told of the suspects physical description and possible street name. One of the officers present recognized the street name. The officer knew that the person with the street name was Sawadogo of 42 S. Lenox Street.
The officer that was familiar with Sawadogo went to his residence. The officer saw Sawadogo sitting in a car with several other males that were either inside or standing next to the vehicle. As the officer approached the car, Sawadogo exited the vehicle and attempted to walk away. The officer told him to stop but ignored the officer’s commands. The officer was engaged in a brief struggle with Sawadogo but was able to eventually place him under arrest.
The victim received a non-life threatening injury and was treated and eventually released.
Police Asking for Help
This investigation is ongoing as investigators are working on the identities of the other men that were involved in the altercation.
If anyone has information about this incident they can send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car