Man Dead Following Accident on Christmas Day in Worcester
Wednesday, December 27, 2017
The man, 33, was transported by paramedics to the hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival.
Susan Dixon, 58, is charged with Motor Vehicle Homicide, 2 counts of Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Property Damage, Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Personal Injury (Death), Operating to Endanger, and Operating after Suspension of License (2nd or Subsequent). She will be arraigned tomorrow in Worcester District Court.
On December 25 at about 5:30 a.m., Worcester Police were sent to the area of the BP Gas Station at 37 Chandler St for a report of a pedestrian accident. Upon arrival, officers saw bystanders doing CPR on the 33-year-old man. There was also a traffic light down in the road. The victim was transported by paramedics to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival.
The Accident Reconstruction Unit was called in, and began the investigation. The suspect car was located at 127 Chandler St, down the street from the location of the accident. It was severely damaged and had been abandoned. The investigators were familiar with the car, a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder, from previous incidents. They spoke with Dixon who often drove the car.
The investigators pieced together the incident over the course of the investigation.
At this time, investigators believe that Dixon drove the car to the BP and spoke with the victim in the parking lot. The victim reached into the car to give her something when she suddenly drove away, with the victim half in the car. Dixon backed into a fence, and then drove into the light pole. The victim suffered injuries to his neck, chest, and abdomen. Dixon was unable to drive her car shortly after that, and left it near 127 Chandler St.
She returned to her residence at 31 Knowles Rd, where she was placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.