Man Hit by Car on Chandler Street in Worcester
Monday, July 02, 2018
The victim is in fair condition and is being treated for facial injuries.
No citations have been issued yet.
On Friday, June 29, at approximately 9:48 p.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 165 Chandler Street for a report of a motor vehicle and pedestrian accident. Arriving officers determined that the Crash Reconstruction Unit would be required to respond to conduct an investigation.
Officers saw a 37-year-old man suffering from facial injuries. The pedestrian was treated at the scene by Worcester EMS and members of the Worcester Fire Department. The pedestrian was stabilized at the scene and then transported to a local hospital for treatment.
The preliminary investigation indicates that a 2010 Ford Fusion, being operated by a 51-year-old Worcester resident, was traveling west on Chandler Street, in the far right lane. The pedestrian was crossing Chandler Street from south to the north side when he was struck on the drivers side of the Ford. As a result of the impact the pedestrian vaulted up and into the windshield towards the right side of the vehicle and then rolled off the vehicle and landed in the roadway near the curb.
The pedestrian is currently in fair condition and is being treated for the facial injuries.
The investigation is ongoing. Investigators interviewed witnesses and towed the vehicle from the scene. The car will have a full mechanical inspection conducted by investigators to determine if any mechanical deficiencies may have been a contributing factor leading up to the incident.
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest