Man Hit by Car While Walking Down Greenwood Street in Worcester
Friday, December 23, 2016
There are no additional details to provide as police are still investigating.
Updates as to the victim’s condition will be provided when they become available.
On Wednesday, December 21, at approximately 5:00 p.m., Worcester Police responded to a report of a pedestrian accident in the area of 266 Greenwood Street. Upon arrival, officers observed a 53-year-old man on the ground suffering from serious injuries.
Officers provided emergency aid to the victim while awaiting the arrival of paramedics. The man was quickly transported to a local hospital where he remains in critical condition. Due to the nature of his injuries, the Worcester Police Crash Reconstruction Unit responded to the scene.
The initial investigation showed that a 79-year-old Worcester woman was driving her 2005 Toyota Corolla heading south on Greenwood Street. At the same time, the 53-year-old man was walking in the roadway heading north.
While in the area of 266 Greenwood Street, the victim was struck by the front passenger side of the Corolla. The impact caused the victim to roll up onto the hood and strike the windshield with his head. After the accident, the driver immediately pulled her car over to the side of the road.
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Worcester Police Officer Daige Honored by Red Sox for Pan Mass Challenge Effort
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers