Man in Stable Condition After Being Hit by Car on Main Street in Worcester
Monday, June 19, 2017
The suspect car left the scene following the accident.
The investigation is ongoing.
On Saturday, June 17, at approximately 1:21 a.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 311 Main Street for a report of a pedestrian and car accident. Upon the officers arrival they saw a 33-year-old man suffering from an arm and leg injury. The victim was conscious and alert.
Officers at the scene were told by witnesses that a black Hyundai was seen striking the pedestrian as he crossed Main Street from the west side heading towards the east side, and then leaving the area without stopping. The suspect car was traveling in a northerly direction. Witnesses were able to provide the suspect car’s license plate to the officers.
The victim was treated at the scene by members of the Worcester Fire Department and Worcester EMS. The victim was treated at the scene and then transported to a nearby hospital. The victim is currently in stable condition.
Recon officers interviewed witnesses, processed the scene and collected evidence. Investigators are currently working on locating the vehicle and identifying the driver.
Police Asking for Help
Police are asking anyone who has information about this incident to send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit