Man Shot Multiple Times Inside Worcester Apartment
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
He is in critical condition at a local hospital.
There were no other injuries reported at this time.
Investigators are currently working on identifying the suspects and to try to determine the circumstances leading up the shooting. No motive has been established at this time.
On Sunday, March 12, at approximately 4:38 p.m., Worcester Police responded to 13 Preston Street, basement apartment, for a report of shots fired. Upon their arrival several witnesses directed the officers to the basement apartment where they encountered a 21-year-old man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The victim was unconscious and bleeding heavily. Worcester EMS arrived within minutes and began emergency treatment at the scene. After stabilizing the victim he was taken to a local hospital. The victim was immediately taken into emergency surgery and is currently listed in critical condition.
Officers at the scene identified several witnesses and began taking preliminary statements while awaiting the arrival of detectives.
Members of the Crime Scene Unit arrived and began to collect and process evidence.
Several witnesses were eventually transported to police headquarters for interviews and statements.
Preliminary investigation indicates that a white car dropped off two suspects that were seen going to the rear of the building. Moments later witnesses heard several gunshots fired. After the shots were fired two men were seen running from the scene and entering a white car. The car sped off in an unknown direction. The suspects were described as one white man and one black man. There is no additional suspect information available at this time. There is also no other specific information pertaining to the suspect vehicle available at this time.
Police Asking for Help
This investigation is ongoing, police are asking anyone with information about the incident to send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS