Man Stabbed in the Area of Main Street in Worcester
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
He was conscious and alert. He was stabilized at the scene and transported to a nearby hospital for further treatment.
There is little suspect information at this time, according to police.
On Tuesday, October 16, at approximately 2:43 a.m., Worcester Police responded to the 7-11 Convenient Store located at 1326 Main Street for a reported stabbing. Upon the officers arrival they met with the 23-year-old male victim. The victim was being treated by members of the Worcester Fire Department and Worcester EMS. The victim was suffering from a stab wound to the abdomen.
According to the victim, he had gone to the area of Henshaw Street to meet with a female and her friend. The victim stated that he only knew the girl from the internet. The victim stated that they met at the designated location and began to walk. While walking on Henshaw Street, the three were approached by two males that attempted to rob him. The victim resisted and was subsequently stabbed. The male suspects and the females fled on foot. The victim walked back to the convenience store yelling for help.
There is little suspect information at this time.
Members of the WPD detective Bureau and Crime Scene Unit arrived at the scene. One of the detectives went to the hospital to check on the victim’s status. The detective was told that the victim received a serious but non-life threatening injury. The victim was unable to be interviewed as he was about to have exploratory surgery.
Police Asking for Help
This investigation remains active.
Police are asking anyone with information about this incident they can send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- Worcester Police Endorse Diehl for U.S. Senate
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser