Massachusetts Votes to Legalize Marijuana
Wednesday, November 09, 2016
During Election Day on Tuesday, November 8, 53% of voters (1,186,882 votes) chose to legalize marijuana, while 47% of voters (1,060,590 votes) chose not to legalize marijuana.
According to The Globe, 54% of Worcester voters checked off "yes" on their ballot.
The "yes" vote allows for the possession, use, and distribution, as well of cultivation of marijuana by people age 21 and over. The "yes" vote also regulates marijuana products and tax the sales through the new Cannabis Control Commission.
For more on the marijuana vote in Massachusetts and across the country, GoLocal teams with Graphiq.
Related Slideshow: Potential Marijuana Tax Revenues for New England
- Mass Doctors Strongly Oppose Recreational Marijuana
- Ohio Voters to Consider Legalization of Marijuana, Should MA Be Next?
- REPORT: Patriots Jones Had Bad Reaction to Synthetic Marijuana
- Report Claims Legalized Marijuana is Proving to Have Negative Consequences
- What’s the Status of Medical Marijuana in Central MA
- Doctors Say Marijuana Smoke Carries “Many of the Same Toxins as Tobacco”
- Oregon Approves Home Delivery of Marijuana
- NEW: Governor Baker Approves Sale of Medical Marijuana in MA
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Marijuana Dispensaries in MA
- Worcester Marijuana Dispensary Hits Snag: What’s Next?
- Angiulo: Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Stops and the Odor of Marijuana Continued
- Worcester Has Agreement with Marijuana Dispensary - A Look at the People Behind the Company
- Worcester’s Augustus Signs Up Second Medical Marijuana Facility
- Is the Effort to Legalize Marijuana Picking Up Steam in Massachusetts?
- Worcester Teen Arrested for Possession of Marijuana
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Legalizing Marijuana, Green Power, and Howard Johnson
- MA Medical Society, 10 Other Physician Groups Oppose Recreational Marijuana
- Worcester Chamber Opposes Legalizing Marijuana Ballot Question
- Petition to Reclassify Marijuana Denied by US DEA
- Group of Health Organizations Urge Dem National Committee to Reject Marijuana Legalization
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Fatal Crashes Involving Recent Marijuana Users Double in Washington
- 400 Marijuana Plants Seized at Worcester Residence
- California Set to Decide on Legalizing Marijuana
- Anti-Marijuana Legalization Campaign Launches TV in MA