Mount Wachusett CC Hosts Green Schools Conference
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
“By participating in this conference, educators sent a clear message that they are committed to educating for the future,” said Sylvia. “The Patrick Administration supports sustainable education in the classroom to prepare our students to lead their generation in reducing energy use, cutting greenhouse gas emissions and exploring other innovative ways to protect our environment and public health.”
Green Ribbon Schools
Conference attendees learned about the comprehensive approach to greening schools being pushed by the Patrick Administration. Schools with representatives in attendance included Hingham High School, Littleton Public Schools, Boston Green Academy, Nashoba Regional High School, Bromfield School in Harvard, Sudbury Public School, Manchester Essex High School, Narragansett Regional Schools, Ipswich Elementary, Walpole Public School District, Leominster Public School District, and the Somerville Public Schools.
The DOER and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education are also seeking applicants for nominations to the federal Green Ribbon Schools recognition program. The program acknowledges schools that have made significant efforts toward reducing environmental impacts and costs.
- Central MA Farms Receive Grants For Energy/Environmental Upgrades
- Former Miss RI Allison Rogers Wins National Environmental Fellowship
- INVESTIGATION: MA’s Top Environmental Penalties
- MA Delegation Earns Top Scores For Environmental Voting Record
- MPHA Presents Award to Worcester Environmentalist
- NEW: Oakmont Students Work for Environmental Change in Lexus Eco Challenege
- NEW: RI Environmental Group Opposes Off Shore Drilling
- NEW: State Seeking Applications for Excellence in Environmental Education
- NEW: Warren Slams Brown on Environmental Stance
- Worcester’s Victor Pacheco Creates Environmentally Conscious Art
- Clark MBA Program Named 17th In Worldwide Sustainability Ranking
- Clark to Host Panels, Lecture on Global Change and Sustainability
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.