McGovern Leads Groundbreaking for New Bike Path in Worcester
Friday, May 29, 2015
“Today is a truly exciting day. This bike path and the sports field that will follow it are so important to the Main South neighborhood,” Congressman McGovern said. “This project will bring more access to green space and outdoor recreation opportunities for families in this neighborhood and is just another step toward a rejuvenated Main South. I am proud to work with great partners in the City, Clark University, and the Main South Community Development Corporation to help us revitalize this neighborhood. I look forward to coming back in the spring for a ribbon cutting on the bike path and a ground breaking for the field."
The bike path will provide additional pedestrian and bike access for the Main South neighborhood and the project will also include sidewalk replacement, curb resetting, additional crosswalks, shared roadway markings, roadway mill and overlay, and pavement repairs as needed.
McGovern joined other community leaders including Worcester City Manager Edward Augustus, Jr., Worcester City Councilor Sarai Rivera, MassDOT’s District Highway Director Jonathan Gulliver, National Grid Massachusetts President Marcy Reed, Main South CDC Executive Director Steve Teasdale, Clark University President David Angel, and Erwin “Dusty” Miller from the Boys and Girls Club.
- Congressman McGovern to Help Plant 14 Trees at Roosevelt School in Worcester
- Statement From Congressman McGovern: Regarding The Presidents U.S.- Cuba Policy and Alan Gross
- U.S. Rep McGovern To Distribute Thanksgiving Meals in Worcester
- NEW: McGovern Announces Nearly $4 Million for Energy Research at WPI
- McGovern Announces $3 Million Federal Grant to Help End Veteran Homelessness
- McGovern Welcomes $2 Million Worcester Innovation Center
- McGovern Announces $1 Million to WRTA to Increase Reliability of Green Buses
- $3 Million Athletic Field Secured by Congressman McGovern
- Rep. McGovern Named Ranking Democrat on Nutrition Subcommittee
- McGovern to Deliver Commencement Address at UMass Medical School
- Railroad Owner Reacts to McGovern’s Safe Communities Act
- McWorcester: Does McGovern Run The City?
- McGovern and Markey Visit WPI to Tour Robotics Lab
- McGovern Named One of 50 Most Powerful People in Food
- McGovern Wants Residents to Have a Say in LPG Sites