Methodology: GoLocal’s Super Ranking-Top New England Colleges 2013
Monday, March 04, 2013
Researchers captured rankings from the previous two years that were available on each site, noting specific rankings where applicable as well as letter grades on some sites (College Prowler) and yes or no mentions in other venues (Inside College). These rankings, grades and mentions were translated into numerical values based on GoLocal's proprietary formula.
From there, our researchers assessed more than 60 different factors covered by the data, from overall quality rankings both nationally and regionally to rankings for best professors, housing, diversity, nightlife, career preparation, social/academic balance, and of course, food.
GoLocal's proprietary formula gave varying weights to different categories--again, seeking to capture the overall "greatness" of a college or university campus. Performance on national and regional lists for overall quality were highly weighted. Also of higher weight--classroom experiences (including classroom participation and accessibility of professors) as well as quality of life indicators such as living space and food. Each school's performance on these measures was summed and ranked based on value.
- College Admissions: 5 Ways To Survive College Decision Season
- GoLocal’s Super Ranking: Top New England Colleges 2013
- How Central MA Colleges Ranked—Top New England Colleges 2013
- 50 Top College Endowments In New England
- New England’s Best Values in Colleges + Universities
- College Admissions: 5 Must-Knows About College Visits
- College Admissions: 3 Reasons To Take a Gap Year
- College Admissions: How To Keep Your HS Senior Out of Trouble