Methodology: The Most Diverse High Schools in MA
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
This data includes a total enrollment figure and numbers of students in each of 6 racial categories:
Two or more races
GoLocal researchers used these numbers to compute percentages of the student body in each category. From there, to assess a school's overall racial balance, GoLocal looked at how far from a "perfect balance" of equal representation in each category (16.6%) each school fell. The numerical distance, either above or below, 16.6 was calculated for each school in each category, and then summed. The lowest sums indicated those schools closest to balance across all six categories.
Those sums, from lowest to highest, yielded GoLocal's rankings.
GoLocal acknowledges that nearly every public school represents the diversity of its community; this ranking does not seek to correlate that factor. This is a statistical look at how each and every public and charter school's composition represents a true (or far from true) racial diversity.
- The Top 50 Most Diverse Public High Schools in MA
- The Most and Least Diverse High Schools in Central MA
- The Most Diverse Private + Parochial High Schools in MA
- How White Is Your School: The Most Diverse High Schools in MA
- CHART: The Most and Least Diverse Private High Schools in MA
- CHART: The Most and Least Diverse Public High Schools in MA
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.