Moore, Chandler Secure $3.6B in Bond Funding for Worcester - Chandler Will Remain as President
Friday, February 09, 2018
“This bill will allow the Commonwealth to maintain and improve capital facilities across the state ultimately benefitting local residents. The legislation authorizes investments in sectors that are critical for the continued success of our communities,” said Moore.
Spending authorizations in the bill include bonds for state university and community college campus improvements, public safety and security facilities, clean programs, and priorities for the City of Worcester.
“The Senate’s support for these projects highlights the Legislature’s commitment to significant revitalization and economic development across the Commonwealth. The maintenance and improvement of these projects is essential to maintain a high quality of life for our constituents,” said Chandler.
The bill authorizes the issuance of bonds for the improvement of capital facilities and for general government operations, including:
- $4.3 million for engineering, design and construction of commuter parking enhancements between Shrewsbury Street and Grafton Street in the City of Worcester;
- $1 million for repairs and improvements to the Route 146 pedestrian bridge at the Blackstone Heritage Corridor visitor center in the city of Worcester;
- $680 million for general state facility improvements;
- $675 million for trial court facility improvements;
- $500 million for public safety and security facilities;
- $475 million for state university and community college campus improvements;
- $475 million for the University of Massachusetts system campus improvements;
- $193.4 million for a municipal facility improvement grant program;
- $150 million for the Accelerated Energy and Resiliency program, which develops and implements energy and water savings projects statewide;
- $85 million for the Clean Energy Investment Program to improve the energy efficiency of state-owned facilities.
The bill also increases previous spending authorizations for the University of Massachusetts, state universities, and community colleges campus facilities.
- NEW: Michael O. Moore: Time For Real Reform, Not Rhetoric
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Richard Moore: Why I’m Running for State Senate
- Russell Moore: Newspapers: The Typewriters Of Media
- Moore: Fed Bills Will Threaten Safety of MA Residents, Environment
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Sen. Moore: The Meaning of Public Service
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Michael Moore: It is Time to Comply with REAL ID
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Moore: Solving the Alzheimer’s Puzzle
- Senator Moore Announces Support for Climate Change Adaptation Bill
- Sen. Moore Announces Dates for 80th Citizens’ Legislative Seminar