Mother of 5-Year-Old Boy Pleads Guilty to Child Abuse, Endangerment
Wednesday, August 09, 2017
Elsa Oliver was sentenced to a total of 7 1/2 years of incarceration, 2 1/2 years each for three charges, according to Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early, Jr.
The charges involved incidents with two of her three children.
The District Attorney also today filed a nolle prosequi on other counts Oliver had been facing regarding her third child, Jeremiah Oliver, including the kidnapping of a child, assault, and battery, permitting bodily injury to a child, and reckless endangerment of a child.
A nolle prosequi was also filed on two counts of assault and battery involving her other children for which her boyfriend, Alberto Sierra, entered a plea and was sentenced to prison last week
Jeremiah was found one month after the defendant had been indicted for the offenses in this case.
Jeremiah Oliver was discovered missing in late 2013. His remains were found on April 18, 2014 in a suitcase off I-190 in Sterling. Jeremiah’s death was ruled a homicide by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
That investigation remains active and ongoing and is currently being investigated by the State Police Detectives assigned to the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office and Fitchburg Police.
The current charges involving the defendant and Jeremiah Oliver were ended at this time to allow the death investigation to continue and to eliminate any possible double jeopardy claim in connection with his death.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award