Multiple Gun Shots Fired at Parked Car in Worcester
Friday, March 17, 2017
There were no injuries reported.
There is limited suspect information at this time. WPD Detectives are currently working on this incident and trying to determine a motive.
On Tuesday, March 14, at approximately 11:30 p.m., members of the WPD Operations Division responded to a Coral Street address for a report of gun shots. Upon the officers arrival they saw a 2011 Nissan Altima with several bullet holes to the driver’s side front and rear windows.
The owner of the car met with the officers. The owner, along with other witnesses approached the officers and stated that while inside their homes they heard several shots go off. The officers were told that a dark colored car pulled up next to the Nissan and several shots were fired from inside the suspect car. The Nissan was parked and unoccupied on Coral Street.
After the shots rang out the suspect vehicle sped off. The vehicle was last seen turning from Coral Street onto Mott Street.
Police had the car towed to police headquarters where members of the Crime Scene Unit were waiting to examine the vehicle for evidence.
Police Asking for Help
This investigation is ongoing, police are asking anyone who has information about this incident to send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS