Multiple Storage Units Broken Into, Dirt Bikes & ATVs Among Items Stolen
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
ON Sunday, May 15 at approximately 4:50 p.m., Worcester Police responded to the Extra Space Storage facility located at 1180 Millbury Street with regard to multiple storage units that had been broken into.
Upon the officers arrival, they met two male victims that shared a storage facility. The two men told the officers that two dirt bikes and an ATV were stolen from the facility. The vehicles were last seen on Friday, May 13 when the owners locked the vehicles inside the unit.
When victims arrived back at the facility on Sunday they saw that the lock had been cut and the vehicles missing.
Officers then discover several more units that were broken into.
A preliminary investigation shows that the suspects may have been targeting units that were storing dirt bikes and other ATV vehicles.
Police observed a portion of fencing located in the rear of the property that had been cut. Tire track marks on the ground, consistent with off road vehicles were seen heading towards the cut portion of the fence.
At 6:35 p.m. the officers were informed that the ATV was recovered in the area of Roberto Clemente Field. Police responded to that area after the owner discovered it. The owner also observed his dirt bike being driven by an unknown male but had fled as he approached.
Police Asking For Help
The Investigation is on going.
Police are asking anyone with information about this incident to send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chester Street Home
- Worcester Police Arrest 6 on Drug Related Charges
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- Traffic Stop Leads Worcester Police to Firearm Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Hit & Run on Belmont Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Home Invasion on Scott Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of 37-Year-Old Male Taxi Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery at O’Hara’s Liquors
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Female Pizza Delivery Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Serious Penn Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Shots Fired on Fern Street
- Worcester Police & FBI File Charges in Child Rape Case
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting at Intersection of Palm and Arthur Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief