NEW: Brown Calls on Todd Akin to Give Up Senate Nod
Monday, August 20, 2012
"As a husband and father of two young women, I found Todd Akin's comments about women and rape outrageous, inappropriate and wrong. There is no place in our public discourse for this type of offensive thinking," Brown said.
"Not only should he apologize, but I believe Rep. Akin's statement was so far out of bounds that he should resign the nomination for US Senate in Missouri."
- Brown Warns Voters Tax Hike Will Cost Mass 100,000 Jobs
- Mass Dems Slam Scott Brown for Tax Plan Vote
- Brown Out-Fundraises Warren 4 to 1 in Central Mass
- Brown Warren Race May Decide Control of Congress
- Endorsements Piling Up for Brown and Warren