NEW: Concert Promoter Buys Palladium
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
According to papers filed with the Worcester Registry of Deeds office on Monday, December 31, the venue's owners John C. Fisher and John L. Sousa signed the property's deed over to promoter John Peters of MassConcerts' Palladium Theater, LLC for a total of $1,475,000.
MassConcerts currently promotes a number of concerts held at the Palladium.
The Palladium faced a difficult financial situation in 2012 when the city's revaluation saw the property's assessed value rise from $688,700 to $2.26 million, spurring rumors that the building would be demolished and protests from fans hoping to save the much loved venue. That assessment was subsequently reduced to $1.6 million through the city's abatement process.
Neither Fisher and Sousa or Peters could immediately be reached for comment.
- Downtown Venue Suffers from City’s High Valuation
- Group Protests Demolition of the Palladium
- Chamber Head: Worcester Valuations to Close Businesses
- 2400 Property Owners File For Tax Abatements
- Small Businesses Crippled by the Abatement Process
- Worcester Could Face Flood of Abatement Requests After Tax Bills
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.