NEW: UMass Physician Eric Alper Named Information Services Director for RI’s Lifespan
Monday, July 30, 2012
“Lifespan’s clinical applications play a vital role in providing clinicians throughout the organization with the tools they need to provide the highest level of patient care,” said Carole Cotter, Lifespan’s senior vice president and chief information officer. “I’m pleased to have Dr. Alper now leading these efforts. Through his extensive experience, he brings an exceptional background to this role and is poised to help us advance the strides we’ve made in this area.”
Eric Alper, MD
Prior to joining Lifespan, Alper was a hospitalist and the medical director of the electronic medical record at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass. He also served as the medical center’s physician liaison to information services. In addition, he was professor of medicine and associate professor of quantitative health sciences at the University of Massachusetts Medical School and was previously its medicine clerkship director.
In 2011, Alper was named to the Best Doctors in America and was recognized as Outstanding Faculty Medical Educator by graduating medical students. Additionally, he has led committees and task forces working on patient safety, quality improvement, and information technology projects.
Alper is a graduate of Brown University and the University of Massachusetts Medical School, where he completed his residency in internal medicine. He is a fellow of the American College of Physicians, a senior fellow in the Society of Hospital Medicine, and a certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems.
Alper has presented at national conferences and has written numerous articles and chapters on quality improvement and medical education. He currently serves as associate editor for the Journal of Hospital Medicine.
- UMass Medical School Receives Major Gift for ALS Research
- NEW: Lifespan CEO George Vecchione to Leave at End of 2012
- TRENDER: Lifespan’s Social Media Guru Nancy Cawley Jean
- NEW: UMass Memorial Doctor Fills in as Worcester’s Health Commissioner
- NEW: UMass Researcher Wins Janssen Award
- New: UMass President Addresses Worcester Job Creation at Chamber Breakfast
- UMass Med. Students: From the Classroom to the Clinic
- UMass Medical School 7th In U.S. News & World Report Ranking