NEW: JetBlue CEO Visiting Worcester in August
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
Barger, who posted the announcement of his visit on Twitter this morning, will be coming to the city on Aug. 22.
The Tweet, which was directed at Worcetser Airport's Twitter account, @FlyORH, read, "Thank you; I'll be in ORH AUG22! "@FlyOrh: Belated congrats on your award. "Innovators" see the potential of ORH."
Last month, JetBlue officially announced its intentions to fly out of T.F. Green International Airport in Rhode Island creating speculation on whether the airline would drop plans in the city.
The Worcester Airport has been without a commercial airline carrier since Direct Air abruptly canceled its flights and then subsequently filed bankruptcy.
This will be Barger’s second visit to Worcester within the last several months.
When asked about a future in Worcester, recently Sharon Jones, a spokesperson for JetBlue could not confirm, but said the company is always "scouting new opportunities."
- NEW: Jet Blue Could be Flying Into Worcester
- $1 Million Payroll at Empty Worcester Airport
- Air Travel is Getting Complicated and Green Airport has Recommendations
- Jennifer Gaucher: Wista Airport’s solution. How about a Direct Sale?
- Mass Loses Millions on Worcester Airport
- Jet Blue Picks Providence over Worcester