NEW: JetBlue Hopes To Make Decision on Worcester Before End of Year
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Residents across the city have been pushing for the airline to bring operations to the Worcester Airport, and hopes have been high since a visit by the carrier's CEO last August, but JetBlue has still yet to make a decision on flying out of Worcester.
"We take it very seriously when we choose to enter a city," said JetBlue's Martin St. George, noting that visit's like Wednesday's, which go beyond numbers on a spreadsheet, are a key part of the company's expansion decisions. "We're very, very happy with what we saw today."
St. George said JetBlue has been studying Worcester as a possible site for several years and the airline hopes to make a decision on whether or not it will expand to Central Mass sometime in 2013.
- NEW: JetBlue CEO Visiting Worcester in August
- NEW: GoLocalWorcester Contributor Wins JetBlue Video Contest
- Gov. Patrick Goes to Ballet and Snubs JetBlue CEO
- NEW: GoLocalWorcester’s Jennifer Roy Stars in Latest JetBlue Ad
- NEW: JetBlue CEO Barger: “Worcester Feels Very JetBlue”