NEW: Leominster GOP to Hold Fundraiser for Fire Victims
Monday, December 03, 2012
The building was home to several offices, a tavern, a pizzeria and a number of apartments, all of which were destroyed by the blaze.
"This is our chance to help the people in our community that lost everything in this fire," said Charlie Milhans, vice chairman of the Leominster Republican City Committee.
"Our office was in that building. Everything that we lost we can recover, but there's 41 people who lost everything out of that building."
The event will run from 4 to 7p.m. and tickets are $15 per person and include hors d'oeuvres. There will also be a cash bar, as well as a collection of monetary donations for the fire's victims, which will be turned over to the victims fund set up by the city. Milhans said they will also be collecting coats and clothes for tenants who lost their belongings in the blaze.
Anyone wishing to donate and unable to attend the event can email Milhans at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested parties should RSVP to email@example.com.
- Bridge Dedicated in Honor of Fallen Leominster Soldier
- GoLocal Game of the Week: Leominster vs Shrewsbury
- Leominster #35: Central MA’s Best Communities
- Leominster’s R.A. Salvatore Stiffed for $1.7 Million Schilling’s 38 Studios’ Bankruptcy
- NEW: Leominster Resident Stars in Warren Ad
- Leominster Fire Dept. OT Skyrockets
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.