NEW: MA Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence Advocates Stricter Laws
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Expected speakers include State Senator Cynthia Creem (D-Newton), Representatives David Linsky (D-Natick), Newtown mother Nicole Hockley, whose 6-year-old son Dylan was killed in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, Reverend and homicide survivor Kim Odom, Reverend Ray Hammond, and Coalition convenor Angus McQuilken. The press conference will be MC’d by political satirist Jimmy Tingle.
The Massachusetts Legislature’s Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security’s public hearing on the need for stricter gun laws in Massachusetts will follow the press conference at 10 a.m. This is the last in a series of regional hearings (five in total) to inform the Committee’s work in crafting a bill for consideration by the full House and Senate, with floor debate potentially as soon as this fall.
The Massachusetts Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence
The Massachusetts Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence was formed in 2013 after the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. As an umbrella organization, the Coalition brings together over thirty organizations and institutions across MA to end the epidemic of gun violence.
For more information about the press conference and the MA Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence visit: http://mapreventgunviolence.org/
- “Goods for Guns” Born out of Worcester Doctor’s Tragedy
- CHART: Which MA State Reps Own Guns?
- Guest MINDSETTER™ John McRae: Guns, Fear + Crazy School Behavior
- MA Firearm Instructors: Protect Schools With Guns, Legalize Assault Rifles
- Which MA Congress Members Own Guns?
- Worcester Coalition Rallies Support for Stricter Gun Laws
- McGovern Pushes for Action at Worcester Gun Violence Forum
- Rob Horowitz: Sandy Hook Tragedy a Chance for Common Sense Gun Legislation
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.