NEW: MA Unemployment Up to 6.7 Percent in December
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Preliminary estimates for December from the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimated a total of 3,263,400 jobs in the Commonwealth. The estimated 7,500 jobs added in December follow a revised loss of 3,200 jobs in November.
Year-over-year, the state's unemployment rate was down 0.2 percent from 6.9 percent in December 2011. Compared to the prior year, jobs were up 51,600.
- MA Unemployment on the Rise as Benefits Dry Up
- NEW: MA Unemployment Rate Up To 6.6 Percent in October
- Top 10 Highest Unemployment Rates in Central Mass
- Worcester Activists Fighting to Keep Unemployment Benefits Alive
- NEW: Commonwealth Adds Jobs, but Unemployment Goes Up
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.