NEW: Mass Loses 4,800 Jobs in August
Thursday, September 20, 2012
The August job loss follows a revised gain of 300 jobs in July.
The total unemployment rate inched up from 6.1 percent in July to 6.3 percent in August. The unemployment rate is down 1.1 percentage points from the August 2011 rate of 7.4 percent. The three-month average seasonally adjusted total unemployment rate was 6.1 percent and the six-month average was 6.2 percent.
Year to date jobs are up 31,400 with private sector jobs up 29,900.
Over the year, August 2011 to August 2012, jobs are up 40,200. Private sector jobs are up 41,000, for a growth rate of 1.5 percent with gains in six of the ten sectors.
- Construction Jobs Down by 4,000 in Massachusetts
- Grace Ross: Less Talk, More Jobs!
- Is Mass Headed for Another Jobs Slump?
- NEW: Bay State Adds 7500 Jobs in May
- NEW: Mass Jobs Decrease by 2,600 in June
- NEW: Unemployment Rate Dips to 6.4 percent in Massachusetts
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.