NEW: NRA Ad Takes Aim At Obama’s Kids
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
The National Rifle Association is receiving harsh criticism for its use of President Obama's daughters in a new ad supporting the lobbying group's proposal of placing armed guards in schools.
The ad's narrator questions why the President is skeptical of putting armed guards in public schools when his own children are protected by such security measures at their school.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney called the ad "repugnant and cowardly" in a statement.
The House Majority PAC, a political action committee dedicated to winning back a Democratic majority in the House of Representatives, launched an online petition demanding that the NRA pull the ad down.
See the full video below.
- Towns With the Most Gun Permits in Central MA
- GoLocalTV: Gov. Patrick Talks Gun Control and a Possible Senate Appointment
- Gun Permits Skyrocket: Top Stories in Central Mass in 2012
- Investigation: Gun Permits Skyrocketing in Central MA
- MA Firearm Instructors: Protect Schools With Guns, Legalize Assault Rifles
- Rob Horowitz: Sandy Hook Tragedy a Chance for Common Sense Gun Legislation
- Scott Brown Leads All Senators in Donations from the Gun Lobby