NEW: Patrick Declares State of Emergency, Bans Vehicle Traffic After 4PM
Friday, February 08, 2013
The travel ban applies statewide until the ban is lifted. There are exceptions for public safety and public health workers, utility workers and members of the media, as well as critical private sector services, such as fuel delivery and healthcare.
No tolls will be collected on the Commonwealth's roads starting at 2:00 p.m. in order to allow toll workers to get home safely before the heaviest period of the storm begins. The MBTA will cease operations at 3:30 p.m.
Patrick said he has been in close contact with the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA), and thousands of National Guard members are currently standing by on duty.
- AM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard May Bring Up to 3 Feet of Snow
- AM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard Watch Expands—Hits Central Mass Friday AM
- BLIZZARD UPDATE: Central MA School Closings Rolling In
- LIVE MAP: National Grid Power Outages
- NEW: WRTA Ending Service at 1PM, No Saturday Service Due to Blizzard
- PM WEATHER UPDATE: Central MA’s Blizzard Watch Upgraded to Warning
- NEW: Worcester City Hall to Close at Noon for Blizzard