NEW: Sen. Kerry Named “Champion for Children” By Advocacy Group
Wednesday, October 03, 2012
The children's advocacy group lauded the Senator's work on legislation to protect children from abuse, provide healthcare to uninsured children and increase funding for early childhood education and nutrition programs.
“When it comes to their health, safety, and well-being, children should be priority number one for all of us,” the Senator said.
Kerry has a long track record of working to improve services for children in the Senate. He pushed for harsher penalties for online child pornography and exploitation in the 2006 Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act, a bil that also established a national sex offender registry.
In 2009, the Senator's Children's Mental Health Parity Act contributed several integral provisions regarding children's access to mental health services to legislation that improved the Children's Health Insurance Program.
The First Focus Campaign for Children is a bipartisan advocate for public policy that prioritizes legislative solutions for child nutrition and health, early childhood education, protecting the rights of immigrant children and addressing child abuse and neglect.
- NEW: Sen. Kerry Wants Green Cards for Same-Sex Partners Facing Deportation
- NEW: Senator Kerry Supports Obama Online Privacy Bill
- Lack of Worcester School Nurses Putting Children at Risk
- Roughly 200 Children Living in Worcester Shelters
- NEW: Mass. First to Create Statewide Health Information Database
- NEW: Worcester Launches New Health Initiative