NEW: Twitter Co-Creator Dom Sagolla Delivers Becker’s Commencement Address
Monday, May 14, 2012
Sagolla was also given an honorary doctoral degree from Becker, and was excited to speak at a school that had a great reputation for video game design.
“I didn’t mention this on-stage, but I’m a big fan of E-sports,” Sagolla said. “I almost made the entire speech a dissertation on video games, because I think they’re such a huge part of the future of computer science.”
While mostly known for his work with Twitter, Sagolla has also taken the lead for multiple other significant technological projects. He helped build Macromedia Studio, Odeo Studio and Adobe Creative Suite.
He now produces Apps for the iPhone with his company in San Francisco. He created the official Obama ’08 iPhone App, as well as two of iTunes’ most downloaded Apps, Big Words and Math Cards.
In his address to Becker’s graduating class, Sagolla had some unconventional wisdom.
“Embrace constraints,” Sagolla said. “Many people feel that social or political constraints are an excuse to fail, but I find them to be freeing. You know, you look at Twitter with 140 characters to get your message across as a great example. Some of the best small companies thrive because their constraints inspire creativity.”
- PowerPlayer: Becker College President Dr. Robert Johnson
- Princeton Review Ranks Becker College #10 in Best Video Game Design
- NEW: Clark University Commencement Speaker Announced
- NEW: Why Anna Maria College Withdrew Commencement Invitation to Vicki Kennedy
- WPI Names Commencement Speaker
- NEW: Becker College Students to Premier Video Game
- NEW: Princeton Review Names Becker College Among Nation’s Best