NEW: Weekend Winter Storm Will Bring Snow to Central Mass
Friday, December 28, 2012
An intensifying low pressure center will move off the Mid-Atlantic coast tomorrow and swing rapidly by New England by late tomorrow night. Snow should spread across the area during the midday hours and be out of the area well before Sunday morning. So, on that schedule the Patriots/Dolphins game at Gillette Stadium late Sunday afternoon should be in the clear.
Accumulation predictions are a bit tricky since the storm will be growing larger and stronger as it passes us. Right now it looks like the heaviest accumulation, say 3-6 inches, with occur just to our south through Connecticut, Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts with a possible 2-4 inches through most of Worcester County.
As is usual in these situations, any change in the track and intensity would likely change the accumulation prediction, so we’ll have to monitor this one closely over the next 24 hours.
- NEW: Winter Storm Continues to Pound Central Mass
- NEW: Winter Storm Coming for Worcester Co and Central MA
- NEW: Major Winter Storm Tonight—8-12 Inches Predicted
- How to Protect Your Trees in Winter Storms
- Worcester County’s Best Sledding Spots