NEW: Worcester and Clark Police Investigating Shooting Threat
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The alert said that both police departments are responding to the threat and launching an investigation. No additional information was immediately available from University Police.
Clark is asking community members to report any suspicious behavior or individuals to the University Police immediately at 508-793-7575.
The reported threat comes on the heels of last week's school shooting in Newtown, Ct. that took the lives of 26, including 20 children, and the arrest of a Holy Cross student for allegedly posting online threats to shoot up a movie theater in Massachusetts.
UPDATE: The Worcester Police Deparment has identified the caller and deemed the call to Catholic Charities to not be a credible threat to either that institution or Clark University.
- NEW: Holy Cross Student Held on $1 Million Bond for Movie Theater Shooting Threats
- Holy Cross Athlete Arrested For Posting Movie Theater Shooting Threats
- CT School Shooting: Massachusetts Officials React
- Investigation: Gun Permits Skyrocketing in Central MA
- Towns With the Most Gun Permits in Central MA
- “Goods for Guns” Born out of Worcester Doctor’s Tragedy
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.