NEW: Worcester Art Museum Names New Director of Development
Monday, September 24, 2012
Shea, a native of Hopkinton, steps in to his new role at the 115-year old museum after serving as Director of Principle Gifts at Partners in Heath, a Boston nonprofit that delivers healthcare to impoverished people around the world.
“Jere has an impressive track record of fundraising for a number of prominent institutions,” said WAM Director Matthias Waschek. “With his leadership skills, background in the arts and expertise in stewarding relationships, we believe he brings exactly the skills needed to fulfill our ambitious fundraising goals. In a time when fundraising is so crucial to growth of our institution, we feel confident that Jere is the right person to take this museum to the next level.”
Shea also has experience working in museums. Prior to his time at Partners in Health, he served as Leadership GIfts Officer at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, then as Senior Development Officer at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Shea has also served in several administrative roles under former Massachsuetts governors Paul Cellucci and Jane Swift.
“Following an extensive search for our next development leader we are convinced that Jere, given his unique background, is the best fit to take on this vital role in the museum,” said Waschek. “It’s an exciting time to join this team as we have great plans to make the museum more accessible and more relevant to our audiences. With Jere’s fundraising leadership, our development staff is going to help make that vision a reality.”
- Five Worcester Artists to Watch
- Over $75,000 in Grants Given to Worcester Artists
- Ten Things You Don’t Know About Worcester Art Museum
- Trender: Worcester Art Museum Director: Matthias Waschek
- Worcester Art Exhibit Raises Questions About Genocide
- Worcester Art Gallery Celebrates its 10th Annual Opening
- Worcester Art Museum Awards Five Kinnicutt Grants to Worcester Residents
- Worcester Art Museum Hosts Rosenstock Book