Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
Thursday, January 05, 2017
Edwin Rivera was arrested and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, armed robbery, and armed assault to murder
On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., Worcester Police assigned to the US Marshals Fugitive Task Force along with members of the State Police VFAS went to 47 Lafayette Street in Worcester to locate 40 year old Edwin Rivera. After a lengthy investigation by Worcester Police Detectives, a warrant had been issued to arrest Rivera.
Upon arrival at Lafayette Street, officers were let into the apartment by a resident. After searching the apartment, officers found Rivera hiding under a mattress. He was placed under arrest without incident and taken to the Worcester Police Station for processing.
On Friday, December 02, 2016 at approximately 1:44 a.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 292 Constitution Ave for a report of a stabbing. When officers arrived, police met with a 33-year-old male and a 18-year-old female who had both been stabbed. The man was suffering from several stab wounds to his chest and legs, and the woman sustained a single stab wound to the leg. Both were transported for treatment at a local hospital. The victims’ injuries were not life threatening.
Worcester Police Detectives and Crime Scene Personnel responded to the scene to collect evidence and interview witnesses. The initial investigation revealed that the victims were inside the apartment with a male suspect and several witnesses when an argument ensued between the female victim and the male suspect. During the argument, the suspect stabbed the female in the leg and then proceeded to attack the male victim, stabbing him numerous times in the chest and legs. After stabbing the victims, the suspect left on foot towards Boylston Street.
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- Worcester Police Officer Daige Honored by Red Sox for Pan Mass Challenge Effort
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants