NEW: WRTA Still on Schedule, MBTA Shutting Down at 2PM
Monday, October 29, 2012
Riders should continue to watch TheRTA.com for service alerts and annoucnements.
However, the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority has announced that it will suspent all service as of 2:00p.m. today. Customers are encouraged to make final MBTA trips as early as possible to ensure safe arrival at their destination.
Regularly scheduled service will operate until service is suspended.
Customers are encouraged to check MBTA.com, follow the MBTA on Twitter @mbtaGM, and check local news broadcasts for updates throughout the storm. Customers interested in receiving text or e-mail updates are encouraged to sign up for T-Alerts.
The MBTA CharlieCard Store is closed Monday as well.
- NEW: National Grid Warns of Extended Power Outages
- NEW: City Remains Open Despite Hurricane
- Hurricane Sandy: MA Officials Step Up Emergency Services
- HURRICANE UPDATE: Monday Morning + John Ghiorse’s Outlook
- NEW: Gov. Patrick Calls on Schools and Businesses to Close for Hurricane
- HURRICANE UPDATE 8PM: Mass Could See 70MPH Winds
- Hurricane Sandy: Are You Prepared?