One Man Dead Following Crash on Chandler Street
Monday, April 09, 2018
The name of the victim will not be released at this time.
On Saturday, April 7, at approximately 9:06 a.m., Worcester Police responded to a call indicating that a motor vehicle had crashed into a home located at 578 Chandler Street. Arriving officers saw a 25-year-old man, approximately 20 feet from his car, on the ground, being treated by Worcester EMS and members of the Worcester Fire Department. The man appeared to be suffering from serious injuries.
The man was taken from the scene to a local hospital. Trauma surgeons performed emergency medical care but the victim succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at 9:40 a.m. The exact cause of death remains undetermined at this time pending the conclusion of a post-mortem examination. The victim is a Rutland resident.
The preliminary investigation indicates that the victim was operating a 1997 Jeep Cherokee northbound on Chandler Street when he lost control of the vehicle. The jeep crossed the double yellow line, entered the southbound lane, jumped the granite curb, traveled across the lawn of 578 Chandler Street and crashed into the south side of the house with the passenger side of the vehicle.
After the impact the driver was conscious as he exited the vehicle and traveled approximately 20 feet before collapsing.
The jeep was towed from the scene and secured. Recon investigators will conduct a full mechanical inspection to determine if any mechanical deficiencies may have played a role leading up to the crash.
This investigation continues to remain active. There has been no determination to what caused the crash at this time.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser