Parking Ban In Effect 8 p.m. Monday, Worcester Public Schools Closed Tuesday
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
The City of Worcester also announced that a parking ban will be in effect as of 8 p.m. on Monday night, March 12.
The city advises that residents move cars prior to 8 p.m. Vehicles that are not moved will be towed and ticketed.
Trash & recycling collection will be delayed 1 day for the rest of the week. So Tuesday collection will be on Wednesday.
See the Latest from National Weather Service Below
Winter Storm Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Taunton MA
426 PM EDT Mon Mar 12 2018
Northern Worcester MA-Central Middlesex MA-Southern Worcester MA-
Western Norfolk MA-Northern Bristol MA-Southern Bristol MA-
Northern Middlesex MA-Northwest Providence RI-
Southeast Providence RI-Western Kent RI-Eastern Kent RI-
Bristol RI-Washington RI-Newport RI-Block Island RI-
Including the cities of Barre, Fitchburg, Framingham, Lowell,
Milford, Worcester, Foxborough, Norwood, Taunton, Fall River,
New Bedford, Ayer, Foster, Smithfield, Providence, Coventry,
West Greenwich, East Greenwich, Warwick, West Warwick, Bristol,
Narragansett, Westerly, Newport, and New Shoreham
426 PM EDT Mon Mar 12 2018
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING
TO 8 PM EDT TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 16
inches, with localized amounts up to 19 inches, are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of central, eastern and southeastern
Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
* WHEN...From 11 PM this evening to 8 PM EDT Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Near blizzard conditions possible. Travel
will be very difficult. 1 to 3 inch per hour snowfall rates are
possible at times along with blowing and drift snow during the
Tuesday morning commute. The Tuesday afternoon commute is also
expected to be impacted. Be prepared for significant reductions
in visibility at times. Tree branches could fall due to strong
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means severe winter weather
conditions will make travel very hazardous or impossible. If you
must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency.
- More Snow Expected to Hit Worcester Friday Night & Sunday
- Winter Storm Watch: 12 Inches of Snow Possible in Worcester on Thursday
- Up to a Foot of Snow Expected to Hit Worcester Starting Sunday
- Ghiorse Monday PM Update: Snow/Rain Line for Tuesday Still Uncertain
- Weather Update: Up to 4 Inches of Snow & Sleet Expected in Worcester
- Weather Service Reports 100% Chance of Snow & Ice in Worcester on Tuesday
- Up to 4 Inches of Snow Possible in Worcester on Tuesday
- Weather Update: More Snow Expected to Hit Worcester This Weekend
- Smart Benefits: Is Your Handbook Snow-Day Ready?
- College Admissions: Best Ski + Snowboard Colleges in the East
- Up to 6 Inches of Snow Expected to Hit Worcester on Saturday
- Snow Heading for Worcester
- Winter Storm Watch: Up to 7 Inches of Snow Possible in Worcester Starting Saturday
- MBTA Preps for Snowstorm
- NEW: Winter Storm Watch Issued for Worcester, Up to 7 Inches of Snow Possible
- UPDATED: Winter Storm Watch Update: Up to 20 Inches of Snow Possible in Worcester
- Winter Storm Watch: Up to 8 Inches of Snow Possible in Worcester Starting Monday Night
- College Admissions: Best Ski + Snowboard Colleges in the West
- Winter Storm Watch: Up to 7 Inches of Snow Possible in Worcester on Wednesday
- Winter Storm Warning Issued for Worcester, 7 Inches of Snow Possible Wednesday
- MBTA Adds Crews, Resources in Advance of Thursday Snow Storm
- MA State Offices Closed Thursday Due to Snowstorm
- MBTA Announces Regular Service Planned for Wednesday Despite Snowstorm
- Winter Storm Watch: Up to 18 Inches of Snow Possible in Worcester Starting Monday Night